Friday, May 20, 2016

GREATEST PINK FLOYD SONG OF ALL TIME






There are many Pink Floyd fans in this world. And we know more there are fans, more there are opinion on which is the best song of Pink Floyd. There are many melodious songs like High Hopes, Wish you were Here etc. and some may prefer the most classic progressive such as Shine on you Crazy diamond, and Echoes. Jazzy Pigs on the wings provide different taste and who will forget the emotional “ The Gunners Dream.
But among all these for me “Comfortably numb” stands out as it is my favourite classic of Pink Floyd.


·        Comfortably Numb can be divided into two parts a light part where Gilmour sings and dark part where Rogers sing “ Is there anybody out there”

 

·        This was the last song Rogers and Waters wrote together


·        Gilmour's second guitar solo on "Comfortably Numb" regularly appears in Best Guitar Solo of All Time polls.Gilmour told Guitar World that the solo didn't take long to develop: "I just went out into the studio and banged out 5 or 6 solos. From there I just followed my usual procedure, which is to listen back to each solo and mark out bar lines, saying which bits are good. In other words, I make a chart, putting ticks and crosses on different bars as I count through: two ticks if it's really good, one tick if it's good and cross if it's no go.



That is why Comfortably Numb is the best for me. Comment your favourite Pink Floyd song below.


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment